VS2010: fatal error CS2008: No inputs specified

Mar 27, 2012 at 12:08 AM

First and foremost, thank you very much for the informative analysis of WCF, the app.config and source code itself is worth it, so it's not an issue if this cannot be resolved.  I've tried building the .SLN on both VS2010 and 2008 and I've had no success...

I suspect the dependent .NET 3.5 (maybe?) and thus it cannot be built with Visual Studio 2010?  I do have VS2008 installed as well, so I'm pretty sure I do have .NET 3.5 (even 2.x) installed.

Following are the errors (partial):

<snip>
CopyFilesToOutputDirectory:
  Copying file from "obj\Release\WcfServices.dll" to "bin\Release\WcfServices.dll".
  WcfServices -> D:\WcfLatencyTestHarness\WcfServices\bin\Release\WcfServices.dll
  Copying file from "obj\Release\WcfServices.pdb" to "bin\Release\WcfServices.pdb".
PostBuildEvent:
  D:\WcfLatencyTestHarness\WcfServices\BuildWcfServices.Release.bat
  Microsoft (R) Visual C# 2010 Compiler version 4.0.30319.1
  Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

EXEC : fatal error CS2008: No inputs specified

<snip>

As described on the main page, I've "subst" drive D: and as you can see on the build messages, it's accessing "D:\WcfLatencyTestHarness\" paths.  Perhaps it's my setup, but I've also tried to build the .SLN with VS2008 as well and I'm getting similar errors.

Thanks once again!

Hideki Ikeda

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:17 AM

I've met the same problem while i'm rebuilding the project. Expecting the solution.